Below you can find a list of my recent and forthcoming publications and talks. For other projects, current research, and outreach activities, please visit the Projects page.
|Morphosyntactic Alignment and the Classical Armenian Periphrastic Perfect. Jamison, Stephanie W; Melchert, Craig H; Vine, Brent (Ed.): Proceedings of the 26th Annual UCLA Indo-European Conference : Los Angeles, October 24th and 25th, 2014, pp. 117–133, Hempen, Bremen, 2016. : |
|Remodelling the Historical Morphology of the Classical Armenian -eal participle. Banber Matenadarani, 21 , pp. 385–398, 2014. : |
|Armeno-Iranian Structural Interaction: The Case of Parthian wxd, Armenian ink`n. Iran and the Caucasus, 17 (4), pp. 401-425, 2013. : |
|Syntactical Peculiarities of Relative Clauses in the Armenian New Testament. Revue des Études Arméniennes, 38 , Forthcoming. : |
|Languages in Contact: Armenian and Iranian. Orengo, Alessandro; Tinti, Irene (Ed.): Armenian Linguistics, 23 (2), Brill, Leiden, Forthcoming. : |
|The Relevance of Typology for Pattern Replication. Journal of Language Contact, 12 (1), Forthcoming. : |
|Iranian-Armenian language contact in and before the 5th century CE: an investigation into pattern replication and societal multilingualism [D.Phil.]. University of Oxford, Faculty of Linguistics, Philology, and Phonetics, 2017. : |
|The Question of "Classical" Armenian: Relative Attraction, Wackernagel Clitics, and the Role of Greek [M.Phil.]. University of Oxford, Faculty of Linguistics, Philology, and Phonetics, 2013. : |
|The Sociolinguistic and Functional Value of γε in Menander Comicus [B.A.]. University of Oxford, Classics Faculty, 2011. : |
Conferences & Invited Talks
- ‘Syntactical Parallels between Classical Armenian and West Middle Iranian’, New Research in Ancient Armenia, Geneva, 8 June 2018. (Download)
- ‘Alignment change and changing alignments: the Armenian perfect and its Iranian model’, Variation and Contact in the Ancient Indo-European Languages, Oxford, 18 May 2018. (Download)
- ‘սաթեմարգարէոքէր, ապագիտէր …: The Modal Use of the Armenian Imperfect and its Indo-European Parallels’, 14th General Conference of the Association Internationale des Études Arméniennes, Oxford, 10 August 2017.
- ‘Imperfective Modalities in Classical Armenian: the Case of the irrealis‘, Historical Linguistics of the Caucasus, Workshop on Imperfective Modalities in Caucasian Languages (IMMOCAL), Paris, 13 April 2017. (Download)
- ‘The (Ir-)relevance of Typological Constraints in Language Contact’, 49th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea, Naples, 1 September 2016. (Download)
- ‘Determining Types of Historical Language Contact: a 5th-Century Case Study’, HiSoN 2016 Historical Sociolinguistics and Socio-Cultural Change, University of Helsinki, 10 March 2016.
- ‘Metatypy in Iranian – two cases against a typological constraint in language contact’, TypoUlm, École Normale Supérieure, Paris, 20 November 2015. (Download)
- ‘What’s in a word? Dating Vrt‘anēs’ K‘ert‘oł’s ՅաղագսՊատկերամարտից‘, Workshop on the ‘Treatise Concerning the Iconoclasts’ by Vrt‘anēs K‘ert‘oł (7th c.), Oxford, 31 September 2015. (Download)
- ‘Translating Attraction: Free Relative Clauses in Armenian’ and ‘Relative Attraction and the ezāfe-Construction in Old Iranian‽’, “Insufficient strength to defend its case”: Case attraction and related phenomena, Wrocław, 18–19 September 2015. (Download)
- ‘Language Shift and Emblematicity in 5th-Century Armenia’, 48th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea, Leiden, 2 September 2015.
- ‘Case Attraction and NP-linking in Old Iranian’, 6th International Conference on Iranian Linguistics, Tbilisi, 23 June 2015. (Download)
- ‘Verbal Adjectives in PIE *-lo-: Issues in Armenian Historical Morphology and Syntax’, 26th UCLA Indo-European Conference, Los Angeles, 24 October 2014.
- ‘The Classical Armenian past participle: historical morphology and language contact’, 13th General Conference of the Association Internationale des Études Arméniennes, Matenadaran, Yerevan, 9–11 October 2014.
- ‘Borrowed Time: Iranian Superstratum Influence on the Armenian Transitive Perfect?!’, 2014 Annual Meeting of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain, The Queen’s College, Oxford, 1–5 September 2014.
- ‘How Greek is the Armenian Bible? – A case study in relative clause syntax’, Armenian Studies Seminar, Oxford, 7 November 2013.