Veuillez trouver ci-dessous une liste de publications récentes et à paraître. Pour d’autres projets et activités, veuillez voir les pages [en construction].
Monographies & mélanges
|Armenia: Masterpieces from an Enduring Culture. Bodleian Library, Oxford, 2015, ISBN: 9781851244393. : |
|Iranian Syntax in Classical Armenian. Morphosyntactic alignment change and other cases of pattern replication. Oxford University Press, Oxford, Forthcoming. : |
|The Relevance of Typology for Pattern Replication. Journal of Language Contact, 12 (3), p. 569–608, 2020. : |
|Syntactical Peculiarities of Relative Clauses in the Armenian New Testament. Revue des Études Arméniennes, 38 , p. 35–83, 2018. : |
|Morphosyntactic Alignment and the Classical Armenian Periphrastic Perfect. Jamison, Stephanie W; Melchert, Craig H; Vine, Brent (Ed.): Proceedings of the 26th Annual UCLA Indo-European Conference : Los Angeles, October 24th and 25th, 2014, p. 117–133, Hempen, Bremen, 2016. : |
|Remodelling the Historical Morphology of the Classical Armenian -eal participle. Banber Matenadarani, 21 , p. 385–398, 2014. : |
|Armeno-Iranian Structural Interaction: The Case of Parthian wxd, Armenian ink`n. Iran and the Caucasus, 17 (4), p. 401-425, 2013. : |
|Languages in Contact: Armenian and Iranian. Orengo, Alessandro; Tinti, Irene (Ed.): Armenian Linguistics, 23 (2), Brill, Leiden, Forthcoming. : |
|The Armenian Version of the τέχνη γραμματική: a Linguistically Uncomfortable Compromise. Bonfiglio, Emilio; Rapp, Claudia (Ed.): Armenia & Byzantium without Borders, Brill, Leiden, Forthcoming. : |
Thèses & mémoires
|Iranian-Armenian language contact in and before the 5th century CE: an investigation into pattern replication and societal multilingualism [D.Phil.]. University of Oxford, Faculty of Linguistics, Philology, and Phonetics, 2017. : |
|The Question of "Classical" Armenian: Relative Attraction, Wackernagel Clitics, and the Role of Greek [M.Phil.]. University of Oxford, Faculty of Linguistics, Philology, and Phonetics, 2013. : |
|The Sociolinguistic and Functional Value of γε in Menander Comicus [B.A.]. University of Oxford, Classics Faculty, 2011. : |
Recherche en cours
- Conditional Clauses in Classical Armenian: Descriptive and Aspectual Problems
- Dating Movsēs Xorenac‘i: a Linguistic Approach
- Advantages and Limitations of the Statistic Exploration of Classical Armenian
- Different Languages, Different Impacts: Methodological Approaches to Greek and Iranian Influences on Classical Armenian
- The Armenian Version of the τέχνη γραμματική: an Uncomfortable Compromise in Language and Linguistics
- Semantic Differences between Copulative and Non-Copulative Perfects in Classical Armenian
- Multilingualism in poetry: How to translate Sayat‘-Nova?
- The Origins of ezāfe in Old Iranian: a Re-evaluation
- An Attempt at Explaining the Lack of ‘Middle Parthian’ Sources
- Early Latin Relative Clauses
Organisation des colloques
- ‘Armenian Manuscripts and the Digital Age‘, Teaching the Codex III: Decentring the Codex, Oxford, 24 October 2019. (Download, Audio)
- ‘Dating Armenian sources: the linguistic evidence in Movsēs Xorenac‘i’, New Research in Ancient Armenia, Geneva, 1 June 2019. (Download)
- ‘An Uncomfortable Compromise: Armenian and the τέχνη γραμματική’, Armenia & Byzantium: Perspectives on Cultural and Political Relations, Oxford, 23 March 2019 (Download)
- ‘The first ‘death’ of Parthian’, 8th International Conference on Iranian Linguistics, Yerevan, 13–15 October 2018. (Download)
- ‘Syntactical Parallels between Classical Armenian and West Middle Iranian’, New Research in Ancient Armenia, Geneva, 8 June 2018. (Download)
- ‘Alignment change and changing alignments: the Armenian perfect and its Iranian model’, Variation and Contact in the Ancient Indo-European Languages, Oxford, 18 May 2018. (Download)
- ‘սաթեմարգարէոքէր, ապագիտէր …: The Modal Use of the Armenian Imperfect and its Indo-European Parallels’, 14th General Conference of the Association Internationale des Études Arméniennes, Oxford, 10 August 2017.
- ‘Imperfective Modalities in Classical Armenian: the Case of the irrealis‘, Historical Linguistics of the Caucasus, Workshop on Imperfective Modalities in Caucasian Languages (IMMOCAL), Paris, 13 April 2017. (Download)
- ‘The (Ir-)relevance of Typological Constraints in Language Contact’, 49th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea, Naples, 1 September 2016. (Download)
- ‘Determining Types of Historical Language Contact: a 5th-Century Case Study’, HiSoN 2016 Historical Sociolinguistics and Socio-Cultural Change, University of Helsinki, 10 March 2016.
- ‘Metatypy in Iranian – two cases against a typological constraint in language contact’, TypoUlm, École Normale Supérieure, Paris, 20 November 2015. (Download)
- ‘What’s in a word? Dating Vrt‘anēs’ K‘ert‘oł’s Յաղագս Պատկերամարտից’, Workshop on the ‘Treatise Concerning the Iconoclasts’ by Vrt‘anēs K‘ert‘oł (7th c.), Oxford, 31 September 2015. (Download)
- ‘Translating Attraction: Free Relative Clauses in Armenian’ and ‘Relative Attraction and the ezāfe-Construction in Old Iranian‽’, « Insufficient strength to defend its case »: Case attraction and related phenomena, Wrocław, 18–19 September 2015. (Download)
- ‘Language Shift and Emblematicity in 5th-Century Armenia’, 48th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea, Leiden, 2 September 2015.
- ‘Case Attraction and NP-linking in Old Iranian’, 6th International Conference on Iranian Linguistics, Tbilisi, 23 June 2015. (Download)
- ‘Verbal Adjectives in PIE *-lo-: Issues in Armenian Historical Morphology and Syntax’, 26th UCLA Indo-European Conference, Los Angeles, 24 October 2014.
- ‘The Classical Armenian past participle: historical morphology and language contact’, 13th General Conference of the Association Internationale des Études Arméniennes, Matenadaran, Yerevan, 9–11 October 2014.
- ‘Borrowed Time: Iranian Superstratum Influence on the Armenian Transitive Perfect?!’, 2014 Annual Meeting of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain, The Queen’s College, Oxford, 1–5 September 2014.
- ‘How Greek is the Armenian Bible? – A case study in relative clause syntax’, Armenian Studies Seminar, Oxford, 7 November 2013.
- ‘The Linguistics of Humour: a general introduction’ (2019)
- ‘Introduction to Classical Armenian Historical Linguistics’ (2019, 7 part series)
- ‘The art of (incomprehensible) grammar: Dionysius Thrax and the Armenian translation of the τέχνη γραμματική’ (2018)
- ‘It’s all relative: reconstructing relativisation strategies in PIE and its daughter languages’ (2017)
- ‘Irano-Armenian language contact: what we can(not) know, how, and why’ (2017)
- ‘Puθrəm yat̰ pourušaspahe – relative attraction and the origins of the ezāfe construction in Old Iranian’ (2015)
- ‘The question of « Classical » Armenian – relative attraction and the role of Greek syntax’ (2013)
- ‘Proto-Indo-European Syntax’ (2012, avec Tam Blaxter)
- ‘Metre and poetic form in Classical Armenian’ (2011)